Matt teased As discussed earlier, the first release candidate (RC1) for WordPress 3.0 is now available. What’s an RC? An RC beta comes after and before the final launch. It means-we think we’ve got everything done: all features finished, all bugs squashed, and all potential issues Addressed. But, then, with over 20 million people using WordPress with a wide variety of configurations and hosting setups, it’s possible Entirely That we’ve missed something. So! For the brave of heart, please download the RC and test it out (but not on your live site Unless you’re extra adventurous). Some things to know:
- Custom menus are finished! Yay!
- Multi-site is all in September
- The look of the WordPress admin Has Been lightened up a little bit, so you can focus more on your content.
- There are a ton of changes, so plugin authors, please test your plugins now, I know That if there is a compatibility issue, we can figure it out before the final release.
- Plugin and theme users * are * Also Encouraged to test things out. If you find problems, let your plugin / theme authors know So They can figure out the cause.
- There are a couple of Known Issues .
If you are testing the RC and come across a bug, you can:
- Report it on the wp-testers mailing list
- Join the dev chat live and tell us at irc.freenode.net # wordpress-dev
- File a bug ticket on the WordPress Trac
We hope you enjoy playing with the 3.0 RC as much as we’ve enjoyed making it for you. Enjoy!