The XOOPS Development Team is pleased to announce That A new version of the Top 5 Finalist of 2010 Packt Open Source CMS – XOOPS 2.5.0 Final is available for download.
Thanks to everybody who tested the RC1 and RC2 and Provided us with feedback and bug fixes!
The XOOPS 2.5.0 release is a major redesign of the Module System Which Has Been with jQuery and AJAX-Mainly done by Nicolas Andricq (ForMusS) Cointin Maxime (kraven_30) and Grégory Mage (Mage). Other major contributors include Trabis, Voltan, Kris_fr, and Marco. Also we appreciate bug submissions by Onokazu!
Some of the new features are truly amazing, like the visual placement of blocks, and we’re sure That the users will love them
Other major improvements / additions include:
– Added: Support for System Admin and modules (see module PM)
– Added: MySQL Dump in Maintenance
– Added: New messaging Redirect
– Added: Column sorting in tables
– Added: smarty plugin for icon pack
– Added: smarty plugin for breadcrumb navigation
– Added: jQuery plugins for pop-up display or manage drag & drop
– Added: File Manager (Plugin)
– Added: Maintenance with Cache Clean-Up, Maintenance and Tables
– Added: Visual ordering module with drag & drop
– Added: Visual block placement with drag & drop
– Added: Refactor to use PHP code for XOOPS API
– Added: Use template in the Same Way That user front, side for admin module can call a main template define in xoops_version.php
– Added: Allow override of template in the theme admin frontend like templates in September if we ADMIN_THEME
– Added: New variable ‘system_menu’ in xoops_version.php of Each module, this variable generated a tab menu for admin module Set to one side if, this feature is for give one unique menu for all menu tab (eg: module for PM) .
– Added: add jquery plugin xoops_lib
– Added: change admin template install for install and admin setting
– Added: manage editor for blocks, and comments for all module if module developper Want to use it activate or deactivate system section
– Added: choose number of line for admin section
– Added: display or hide tips
– Activate / deactivate offline with ajax
– Jquery popup banners for display
– Drag n drop block for managerial position and weight
– Jquery popup for preview
– Multiple selection for deletion
– Number of user groups for
– New disposition
– + Lightbox preview thumbs
– Jquery popup info for display
– System settings
– Activate / deactivate smilies with ajax
– Manage all of template overide online
– Generated as a file from database
– Activate / deactivate userrank with ajax
– Advanced user management
– New disposition
– Simple and advance search
For a Detailed Change Log, please click here .
To see the main features of XOOPS 2.5.0, check out The following videos that Were Made for the Alpha release:
Download it from Sourceforge repository .
Please post and discuss all issues related to this release in this forum
Also we need help with Translations