The XOOPS Development Team is pleased to announce that a new version of the Top 5 Finalist of 2010 Packt Open Source CMS – XOOPS 2.5.0 Final is available for download.
Thanks to everybody who tested the RC1 and RC2 and provided us with feedback and bug fixes!
The XOOPS 2.5.0 release is a major redesign of the System Module which has been AJAX-ed with jQuery done mainly by Nicolas Andricq (ForMusS), Cointin Maxime (kraven_30), and Grégory Mage (Mage). Other major contributors include Trabis, Voltan, Kris_fr, and Marco. We also appreciate bug submissions by Onokazu!
Some of the new features are truly amazing, like the visual placement of blocks, and we’re sure that the users will love them
Other major improvements/additions include:
– Added: Help System for Admin and modules (see PM module)
– Added: MySQL Dump in Maintenance
– Added: New Redirect messaging
– Added: Column sorting in tables
– Added: smarty plugin for icon pack
– Added: smarty plugin for breadcrumb navigation
– Added: jQuery plugins for display popup or manage drag & drop
– Added: File Manager (Plugin)
– Added: Maintenance with Cache Clean-up, and Tables Maintenance
– Added: Visual module ordering with drag & drop
– Added: Visual block placement with drag & drop
– Added: Refactor all PHP code for use XOOPS API
– Added: Use template in the same way that front user, admin side for module can call a main template define in xoops_version.php
– Added: Allow override of template in admin theme like frontend if we set template in ADMIN_THEME
– Added: New variable ‘system_menu’ in xoops_version.php of each module, this variable generate a tab menu for module admin side if set to 1, this feature is for give one unique tab menu for all menu (eg: module PM for).
– Added: add jquery plugin in xoops_lib
– Added: change install for install admin template and admin setting
– Added: manage editor for blocks, comments and for all module if module developper want to use it activate or deactivate system section
– Added: choose number of line for admin section
– Added: display or hide tips
– activate/deactivate avatar with ajax
– jquery popup for display banners
– drag n drop block for manage position and weight
– jquery popup for preview
– multiple selection for deletion
– number of user per group
– new disposition
– lightbox preview + thumbs
– jquery popup for display info
– system settings
– activate/deactivate smilies with ajax
– manage overide of all template online
– generated file come from database
– activate/deactivate userrank with ajax
– advanced user management
– new disposition
– simple and advance search
For a detailed Change log, please click here.
To see the main features of XOOPS 2.5.0, check out the following videos that were made for the Alpha release:
Download it from Sourceforge repository.
Please post and discuss all issues related to this release in this forum
We also need help with Translations